Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Emails 8/6/14

Want to send a personal shout out to all of the people that have been emailing me... here are a few

Right on for adding me! I always wished for something like this. Wished I had you guys 22 years ago. Lol dale shine and will be in touch!

-Kenny

Hey Kenny, thanks for the message. Remember it's never "too late" your brain is a gift and a tool. Bad habits can be broken. You can reprogram yourself. All it takes is patience, practice, and the right attitude. You can do it buddy, now it's up to you to make it happen. Happy practicing.
----------
wow...Finally someone has catered to the tejano industry. Thank you. I will learn that David Marez tune. one of my favs. never thought i'd be able to. Thanks!!!!

-Donald

Hey there Donald, glad you enjoyed the Marez video. It's a great tune. Hope the videos and resources in the future bring you much success. Remember this: you can do it! Just have patience and make practice fun. Thanks for the love and happy practicing.
----------

Hello mystery keyboardist.....Lol. I wanted to take a moment to thank you for sharing your knowledge and talents. I am a keyboard player from Colorado, and like you said....Have not had someone to share knowledge of tejano keys. I (have been) watched your videos numerous times throughout the last two days and it has helped me so much. Thanks again!

-Adam

Adam, thank you for taking the time to send me a message. I am happy to share the knowledge with who ever is willing to listen. I love Tejano Music. Growing up, my 3 favorites were Mazz, Mafia, and la Sombra. I felt odd at school because it was mainly Anglos and they didn't understand. Now I see the music fading into extinction. We have to educate generations, present and future, to keep this beautiful music going.
I appreciate your time. Glad the videos are helping you. One thing I want to stress is that you being from Colorado is a good thing. Remember, music is a matter of soul, not geographical region.
Thanks again and happy practicing.
----------

And to the rest of you... thanks for the messages. Thank you for the donations... remember it costs money to keep this site up and running PayPal accepts Credit and Debit Cards if you feel generous enough to contribute.

Last thing to remember... applying life long skills and character to your music is essential. Good things come to good people. Work hard! I just heard this quote the other day "A bad attitude is like a flat tire, you cant go anywhere until you change it." This is most important when dealing with bandmates. Be a beacon of "positivity" to your fellow musicians and neighbors. After all we all share this rock, trying to do the same thing, ya dig?  Never forget  that music is suppose to be fun. Feeling frustrated? Good! ...its called growing pains... step aside, take a break, gather your thoughts, do it again, don't give up.

Happy Practicing!

No comments:

Post a Comment